It is that time of the year again when the heart of every Hindu devotee thumps faster, to celebrate the homecoming of Goddess Durga. The serene morning air of Autumn echos with the sound of shankh and sacred mantras from Durga Saptshati, fragrance of shiuli flowers, smell of incense burning and mouth-watering food. Enchanted by the divine aura, Durga Puja in Delhi is not just a celebration of religion/community or mere worship of a deity, but also a perfect fusion of culture and life.
To make sure that you don’t miss out on anything this festive season, I at Ghoomakad.in is hosting a Cultural Walk in Delhi – pandal hopping and enjoying the spirit of Durga Puja. Come, join me!
Day 1: Maha Saptami – Chittaranjan Park
Date & Time: 16th October 2018, time to be announced
Nearest Metro Stations: Nehru Place (Violet Line), Nehru Enclave (Magenta Line) and Kalkaji (Violet Line). Take a cab/auto till Navapalli Grounds (Pocket 40, Kalkaji)
- Meeting at Navapalli Puja Ground
- Pandal hopping – Navapalli Puja Samiti, Mela Ground
- Street style food at CR Park Market 1
- Pandal hopping – Cooperative Puja Samiti, B-Block Puja Samiti
- Dhunuchi dance (if time permits at evening)
Day 2: Maha Ashtami – Rohini
Date & Time: 17th October 2018, 11.30am onwards
Nearest Metro Stations: Rohini West (Red Line) and Rohini Sec-18,19 (Yellow Line). Take a shared e-rickshaw/cab/auto till Agrani Matri Mandir (Near Adarsh Kunj society, Rohini Sec-13)
- Sandhi Puja – Special ritual performed during Durga Puja festivities, offering 108 lotuses and diyas to Mother Goddess. Capture the true essence of Puja.
- Visit nearby food spot (as per everybody’s choice)
- This Cultural Walk is not sponsored by Ghoomakad.in and Puja Samitis in any way.
- Photo walk is free of cost, Ghoomakad.in and Puja Samitis won’t be charging you any fee for visiting the pandals and capturing photographs.
- Food at your own expense. We all can dutch.
- In most of the cases we will be walking from one pandal to another. Except Mela Ground, all other puja pandals listed on Day 1 are located in proximity.
- Sandhi Puja is always performed during a fixed time period as per the traditional beliefs. So, on Day 2 you are requested to join me for the photowalk on time.
- Photographers, videographers, bloggers, influencers and other interested people, everyone can be a part of this Cultural Walk as per their own interest. I go for Durga Puja pandal hopping in Delhi every year but this time I want others also to join me in this ritual.
- I love wearing khadi kurtas for the such Cultural Walks. You can also carry a light traditional attire as per your choice. #EthnicVibes
For queries, drop me a text on Whatsapp here.